Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Where have I been...

Wow, has it really been since Feb since I blogged? I was half way through my pregnancy at the time and raising an almost two year old and I was so incredibly tired. I vowed I would get back to blogging soon because even if no one read my blog (I'm almost sure no one does now) it is an outlet for me. But the months rolled by and I couldn't muster the energy for much and I still had a nursery that wasn't even a little ready for our soon to be baby boy. That nursery actually got painted 2 weeks before he arrived. Anyway, Jonah Reece arrived 2 weeks early and I severely under estimated how busy life would be with a newborn and 2 year old. Tristan was learning what being a two year old was all about and really started talking and exploring the wonderful act of temper tantrums. Jonah discovered that he had colic genes and screamed a lot during his first few months of life. It was a stressful summer. I am honestly telling you that I had no time to get on the computer. Actually, I still find I don't have time to get on the computer when I am home. So my blog fell by the way side. It wasn't too terribly active anyway but it completely dropped off. I really wanted this to be regular when I started it because like I said, it is an outlet for me and a way for me to reflect. I would say now that I am going to keep up with it but I don't want to feel like a failure so I will just say "lets just see how this goes".

So whats new now in my life you ask. Jonah is now 5 months. It's really quite amazing how time flies when you have kids. His colic is now gone. I was worried it would last forever because Tristan had SEVERE colic and he was fussy for most of his first year of life. He is actually still fussy...can a two year old have colic??? Anyway, I am happy to report that Jonah is a very happy boy. He rolls all over the room and can sit all by himself. Although it doesn't last for long because he is always moving around and putting EVERYTHING in his mouth. Did I mention that he has an extraordinary amount of hair? I mean it is ridiculous! Everyone things he is either a girl or much older than he is. We will just let it grow and see what happens. I will post pics soon.

Tristan is 2 yrs 8 months and everyday is an adventure with him. He is talking so much and using 3 and 4 word sentences. Some of the stuff he comes up with really amazes me. He is growing so much too and I really don't think he is behind anymore in his weight and height. I could be wrong but it seems to me that he has really caught up. He has just recently started to lose his baby face :( I definitely have a boy on my hands too because he jumps, climbs, and wrestles all day long. He is so in love with his baby brother and really can't wait until he can play with him. I am so madly in love with these boys. My journey though infertility was worth every heart ache and tear and I would go through all of it and more to have these boys in my life. They are nothing short of amazing. Don't let me forget to mention my amazing husband who cooks every night for us. Seriously ladies, he does. And I don't mean mac n' cheese. He has been really helping me with Jonah these days as far as putting him to sleep too. I know, you don't have to tell me what I already know, I am a very lucky girl.

As far as me, when I am not working, nursing, taking care of the boys, I have been baking and couponing. They are both my new obsessions. This Thanksgiving I will be making pumpkin cupcakes. Some will have Cinnamon butter cream and the others will have pumpkin butter cream. Baking is so rewarding when you have 2 guys in your life who always want to eat your creations. Soon that will be 3 guys to bake for.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I am a bit tired this morning as I get up at 5 am every morning. And on this particular morning I cleaned our bathroom at 5:30a because I can't seem to find any other time to do it no matter what I do. So please excuse me for not being at the top of my game. I will try to be more consistent with my post, more so for myself but we shall see. Actully I will try and post later again today. This post was more of a update in a super small nutshell.

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is where I am too. I want to keep my blog up but am too tired and don't feel well alot so it is severely neglected. Oh well, maybe soon I can get back to it.