Friday, August 1, 2008

Randy Pausch..."The Last Lecture"

Some of you may have seen the ABC special on Randy Pausch a couple of days ago or read his book and watched his lecture called "The Last Lecture". Unfortunately I did not learn about who he was until he passed away. He died this last Friday of pancreatic cancer. I watched the ABC special as well as watched his lecture and I plan to buy his book. His lecture truly gave me a new perspective on life and really inspired me. Having a son now I really find it important to look at life in a whole other light and how I want to live each day. I tend to be a pessimist at times (Ken will agree with this) and I realized that it really does get me nowhere. Just wanted to pass this on for those who are interested in checking it out. He has a few videos on his website. His actual lecture, his special on ABC, and some others. You can go to his website if you want to watch the lecture or watch it here:
http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/

THE LAST LECTURE

You can watch the Abc special on his website

If you were interested in this you might like this little article that someone wrote and the replies it got:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080728.WBmingram20080728132435/WBStory/WBmingram

No comments: