Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Am I living in the stone age??

Am I the only one out there who doesn't have a smart phone and doesn't want one at all? Please tell me because I am starting to feel that way. Everyone I know has a smartphone or Android...including my dad! I am starting to wonder if I am the only one out there not made of money. I mean these things have a $30 a month data/internet plan on top of the already expensive phone plan and texting. Thats riduculous! A couple of people have told me recently that they "need" it for school or work. Need? Really? They haven't even been around for the mass public that long so what did you do before they came out. There is no way I am going to pay $30 for internet at home and $30 for internet on a phone. There is nothing that is that important for me to look up when out that justifies paying $30 a month, or $360 a year. I didn't used to be the only one who felt this way but I am having a hard time finding anyone who doesn't have a smartphone these days. I guess I am just having a really hard time wrapping my mind around this when the economy is so bad. Don't get me wrong, it's cool all the things you can do from a phone now. But I don't feel the price justifies it. Feel free to chime in whether you agree with me or not. I would love to hear other opinions on this.

On the same subject, what age should a child be given a cell phone? Just curious what others opinions are on this. And no, I am not thinking about getting Tristan a cell phone. I have been seeing very young kids with cell phones lately and I wanted to hear others thoughts on this.

No comments: