Monday, December 14, 2009

Finally got some shopping done!

Not to much going on these days but we did finally get some shopping done. We have been sort of broke these days when it comes to Christmas because we did not budget for Christmas shopping do to us being promised that a check from the IRS would be here by October. So, lesson learned. Do not count on the IRS and save for Christmas no matter what! We were told that our check will be mailed next Monday the 21st. Awesome. Possibly in time for Christmas but really not much time to shop. I am trying not to count on it being here but still praying that it gets here by next Wednesday. We have been pretty down about this so we decided to use our savings to shop for at least Tristan. That's what it's there for I guess. So we got a handful of things and just have to get a few more things before we are officially done with him. Feels good to have the most important person taken care of. Now I just have to restrain Ken from going upstairs and playing with Tristan's new lute!

I am getting super excited for Christmas though and having some of both sides of our family over. It should be a full house and that is what me and Ken envisioned when buying a house. This is the kind of Christmas that we had as kids that has faded away as we have gotten older. I am happy to say that Tristan should experience a big Christmas this year. I have already started making my chocolate covered pretzels. I got 95 Chocolate and green Vanilla made so far. Another batch this weekend and I will be set. Next Friday me and Theresa will carry on our tradition of making Christmas cookies and I will make some cookies and try a new Chocolate Mint Roll Cake I saw a recipe for. Doesn't this cake look awesome! I am nervous about the actual cake rolling part though since I have never done that before so I hope it turns out!


2 comments:

Heather said...

It does look yummy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.