Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I am still here!

I am still here but have just been a bit busy these days. I didn't realize how busy we have been until I thought back a litlle. Since March we had Tristans 1st birthday party to plan and execute. Then we were looking at houses pretty much every weekend. In April we found our house and went back and forth every 2 days with negotiating for a week. May 1st we got our accepted offer and things have been crazy ever since. We had lots of paper work to sign, boxes to accumulate, packing to be done. It took us the whole month to pack because we have accumulated entirely too much crap and it's not so easy to pack with a baby. Since I didn't get home until 6p during the week, the only thing I had time for was have dinner, spending time with Tristan and Ken, showers for us and bath for Tristan and then bedtime. So the only time we had to pack was on the weekends at night when Tristan was sleeping. So that consumed May for us. June 5th we signed closing papers and have painted, moved and unpacked for the month of July. On top of this we have had parties of some sort every weekend. July, more parties. This last weekend was the first weekend we had absolutely nothing to do (and can not tell you how excited we were about this!) and guess what happened?? I got a stomach bug and Tristan has developed a horrible cough with fever and an ear infection. Fun weekend of sickies! I just wanted to give a quick run down of how busy things have been for us and why I am a slacker at updating these days. I didn't even realize how busy we have been until I sat down and thought about it. I have lots of pictures from summer outings that I will try to post on Friday when I am off though. I hope everyone has been enjoying their summer. If thats what you want to call this season. Can you believe that Saturday is August 1st! It hasn't even been that warm and we are already aproaching August. Which by the way is the day of our first mortgage payment :( Ok, everyone have a wonderful weekend. I will post again on Friday fellow bloggers!

P.S. I have a prayer request. My friend Sylvia's son Jess is back in the hospital. He is the premie baby that I told you about before. He lost a 1/2 oz over the weekend and is coughing really bad. They are running test to find out what is wrong with him. My friend is heart broken as her son is in the hospital once again. Please pray that Jess comes home soon and healthy.

No comments: