Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tristans 1st Birthday

My baby is 1 year old! Can you believe it! On his actual birthday (Saturday) We went to TGI Fridays to celebrate and he had a good time. He was people watching like crazy since there was a lot going on. The wait staff came around and sang Happy Birthday and he drank his water from the sippy cup the whole time watching them. Then they brought him Vanilla Bean Ice Cream that was oh so good. His first time having ice cream and he couldn't get enough.

I forgot to say that he took his first steps on his own the day before his birthday. We gave him him his new rocking chair and sat him in it and he decided that he was going to stand up. Ken was in the middle of saying "Look, he stood up all by himself" when he took 4-5 steps to me. It was the coolest thing that he did it with no help from us. He has done it a couple of times since then but doesn't really want our help so I am just letting him go at his own pace. I think he will be running around any day now.

His birthday party went really great. As soon as we brought the cake out he was really happy. He sucked on the cake more than anything but had a blast playing in it. He got a lot of really nice stuff and had so much fun playing with everything as soon as we got home. We have a ridiculous amount of toys in our very small living room right now so I put some of his new toys up and will rotate them out. Our living room literally looks like a play room but it works because that's the only place he can really play for now. It amazes me how much our house has changed in a year. We went from only having neutral colors through out to having bright colors everywhere. I like it though.

I finally put some misc pictures up and ones of his birthday. You will see that he really loved his duck cake! I'm sure I will have lots of new pictures soon since his cousin Brianna is coming up from Florida this Friday for 10 days with her sister and Her mom Crystal who is a good friend of mine. It will be nice that he will have kids to play with. He loves kids but has never really played with any and last time Brianna was here 6 months ago he was a little to young to play. But now he is very active and a rough houser so it should be a lot of fun. Until next time, I hope everyone has a good week.

PS. I have one request. If you could take a quick second of your day to say a prayer for some people who are going through rough times right now. I know a couple of families personally who have lost there jobs and run out of unemployment and are in jeopardy of losing everything they have. It has been near impossible for these families to find jobs with the way our economy is right now and are barely surviving. This is the case across the country. I have told them that I would pray for them but I am asking that you pray for them too. It breaks my heart that families have worked so hard for everything they have and can lose it all so quick. I am truly lucky to not be in the situation but my heart still breaks for them.

No comments: